top of page

Young Ninja Group (ages 3-5)

Public·11 members
Apollo Filippov
Apollo Filippov

Urc Mx 3000 Editor Software Download

MX-3000 Editor is developed by Universal Remote Control, Inc. and is used by 2 users of Software Informer. The most popular version of this product among our users is 1.1. The names of program executable files are editor2.exe, MX450.exe, MX880Editor.exe, MX900Editor.exe and MX950Editor.exe. Works with rcf file type. The product will soon be reviewed by our informers.

Urc Mx 3000 Editor Software Download

By accepting this End User License Agreement, you agree to not sell, give or share this copyrighted software in any way to any other party. Doing so will result in full prosecution as allowed by law. This software is meant for your own personal use. Our editor software is exclusive to authorized dealers and professional installers; therefore, URC does not provide programming support. A programming manual for your specific model remote control will be provided for your reference.

The MX-3000 also uses WMDC but uses a "standalone" editor software to program the device. It is not a part of the Complete Control Program software. The software required to program the MX-3000 can be found under the Legacy Resources section of the URC dealer portal.

[ SEARCH ][ CONTACT ]The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:Forums > Professional > Complete Control by URCMX-3000 Editor Software.Login:Pass:Register Forum Search LoginTopic:MX-3000 Editor Software.This thread has 9 replies. Displaying all posts.Post 1 made on Saturday July 3, 2010 at 13:15BoscoukLurking MemberJoined:Posts:July 20101View ProfileOk, so i gather from most forum's that URC no longer let you download the editor software so would anybody be able to send me the software please as i cannot seem to find the disc?My e-mail address is boscouk@sky.com if you can help i would be very grateful as i've spent the last 3 hours searching online for it.Thank you very much people!ReplyPost 2 made on Saturday July 3, 2010 at 18:22mistachyLong Time MemberJoined:Posts:April 2010269View Profile[Link: remotecentral.com]MX6000 :o) myfile [Link: texas-rebel.com]LR: Onkyo TX-NR807, Samsung 52", MRX-1. BR1: LG 37", Sony AVR, MRF-260. BR2: MarantzSR8002, Epson8500 100", Klipsch RF-82 HT System, MSC400, HTPC ReplyPost 3 made on Sunday July 4, 2010 at 11:41kgossenSuper MemberJoined:Posts:March 20083,026View ProfileThe software is 60MB so emailing to you is out of the question (at least for me). If you bought it legitimately and just lost the disc I'm sure a call to the dealer or URC could get you a copy, might be a small shipping fee."Quality isn't expensive, it's Priceless!"ReplyPost 4 made on Saturday January 8, 2011 at 19:16Jack FLurking MemberJoined:Posts:January 20111View ProfileIf anybody can help i also need the software for the MX3000. My installer wants $250 to program the unit. What a rip off.Jack FReplyPost 5 made on Saturday January 8, 2011 at 22:53tgav8rsActive MemberJoined:Posts:December 2003741View ProfileOn January 8, 2011 at 19:16, Jack F said...If anybody can help i also need the software for the MX3000. My installer wants $250 to program the unit. What a rip off.Programming the 3000 is not for the faint of heart. $250 is not unreasonable depending on the complexity of the program. CEDIA Certified Installer and Designer. Denon CI, URC, CrestronReplyPost 6 made on Sunday January 9, 2011 at 10:24Duct TapeLoyal MemberJoined:Posts:November 20085,218View ProfileOn January 8, 2011 at 19:16, Jack F said...If anybody can help i also need the software for the MX3000. My installer wants $250 to program the unit. What a rip off. [Link: framedesigns-gallery.com]how ironic that i found this quote listed on your website:Remember

SETUP Though URC intends these remotes to be professionally programmed and installed, the programming software is available on their Web site. All three use similar Windows-based programming architectures that I would rate about a 6 out of 10 in difficulty. Still, to extract all the capabilities from an MX-3000, I'd highly recommend going with a pro.

FIRST IMPRESSIONS:Having used the MX-500 for almost two years, I had a pretty good idea of what to expect from the MX-700. The unit comes packaged in a simple cardboard box with the remote, serial cable, and four batteries tucked securely into a formed plastic cradle inside. The omission of the MX-500's trio of macro buttons from the bottom of the face would seem to be a minor change, but it actually made the hard button area seem noticeably less congested. The buttons are made of the same material used on the MX-500 – the "gemstone" buttons were originally offered only with the MX-700, but Universal Remote began using them throughout the MX series product line a couple of years ago. These buttons have a nice feel to them – smooth, but not slippery. The nearly-white face is also a nice touch, making the remote stand out from the usual black plastic remotes.MX-500 and MX-700 side by sideAs mentioned above, the MX-700 package comes with the remote, batteries, and serial cable. That means there is no manual or software in the box. This is because the MX-700 was (and still is) intended as a custom install product, and the custom installers would get a single program CD and user's manual. Fortunately, Universal Remotes had a good web site at the time, and this download page gave me everything I needed. In August 2006, URC scaled back their site drastically and removed the installation software and programming manuals. You can still get the user's manuals from there, but software and programming manuals must come from your authorized distributor. I have mirrored the user's manual, MX Editor, and MX Editor Programming Manual on my site (as well as some other software, listed in the Customization section below), but you should check with your authorized dealer to get newer versions.Now that we've met the MX-700 and gathered the manual and software, it's time to get down to the nitty-gritty: configuring it to operate my devices.return to top

CUSTOMIZING THE REMOTE:This is the biggest difference between the MX-700 and its little brother. The method of configuring the remote using the LCD display (described in my MX-500 review) doesn't work for the MX-700. Instead, the MX-700 is configured through a PC interface. The Excel or Word templates used by many MX-500 owners to mock up their button layouts are readily replaced by the MX Editor program. Where the MX-500 interface is as user-friendly as I have seen in a standalone universal remote, the MX-700's PC-based interface is a whole different beast – it joins the ranks of such software-configurable remotes as the Philips Pronto family. The Pronto can be considered the gold standard for software customization (at least without moving up to the high-end custom market, where manufacturers such as Crestron enter the equation) – its software will allow users to customize every aspect of the interface, including the shape and arrangement of buttons on the Pronto's touch screen. There is not that same degree of control available with the MX-700, if only because the MX-700's button layout is fixed and the LCD screen's buttons are (as with the MX-500) limited to five character labels.MX-700 Configuration SoftwareWhile the MX-700 may not offer the level of personal customization of a Pronto, it does provide a convenient interface for configuring the remote. The program contains an extensive database of device codes, and the database is regularly updated through a simple automated download (called Live Update in the software) to include additional codes as Universal Remote adds to their master database. You can download configuration files from Remote Central, either complete remote configuration files uploaded by other MX-700 users or simply individual device configuration files created for a specific component. I downloaded some files that gave me learned remote codes for a few of my devices, but in general I wanted to arrange the buttons on each device in a manner that best suited us, so there was a lot that I simply elected to learn manually. UPDATE: On August 1, 2006, Universal Remote pulled all software from their site, disabled the Live Update feature in existing versions, and revised their policy to only allow authorized dealers to distribute software updates to owners. The goal is to cripple the large number of unauthorized dealers selling products online for significantly lower prices. There are some customer support issues relating to this policy that don't sit well with everyone – the MX-500 and MX-700 have been Internet favorites for years now, and this strikes many as a slap in the face to that user base when Universal Remotes could have chosen to tighten up its distribution channels rather than restricting support to customers. Another unfortunate side-effect is that potential customers can no longer download the software and "test drive" it. I'm not particularly comfortable with Universal Remote's choice, especially since I've long considered their hardware to be some of the best around. For folks considering the MX-700 who may want to experiment with an older version of the software before buying, I've still got a copy of the final "pre-policy cha